From the Community Shelter of Union County:
Due to the COVID19 pandemic, we are adjusting the volunteer schedule and requirements. Currently we are not requiring orientation before volunteering. Fill out the volunteer registration below and we will email you the link to the sign up.
- Minimum age is 18 years old during this time.
- Sign up slots are limited so that we can limit exposure. Please do not bring more people than there are slots for.
- You must be healthy when you come to volunteer. If you are feeling sick, let us know and STAY HOME!
- Volunteers must maintain social distancing (6 feet) from other volunteers, clients, and staff.
- Volunteers must wear masks and gloves (we provide) during their volunteer slot.
- Volunteers need to fill out a Release Form, we have copies on site.
Our volunteer areas are:
- Pantry-help sort donations, put together food bags, bagged lunches
- Lunch/Supper-serve meals
- Pantry Distribution-distribute grocery bags on Friday evenings (at the shelter and while social distancing!)
- Mobile Pantry-bi-monthly food distribution with Common Heart
Any questions, email us at Volunteer@unionshelter.org